An Overview of Fluoropolymer Heat Exchangers and their Key Benefits
Niche Fluoropolymer Products is the leading solutions provider for extremely corrosive and ultrahigh purity applications. FPP products include fluoropolymer tubing, pipe, immersion coils, and shell and tube heat exchangers. Niche FPP is the original and most-experienced manufacturer of fluoropolymer heat exchangers used in the production of acids and bases, chemical processing, metal finishing, and critical processes within the semiconductor industry.
FPP products are manufactured using the finest corrosion-resistance fluoropolymers available today which affords FPP customers a long service life, lower operational costs, improved operating efficiencies, and world-class purity. Fluoropolymers far surpass the effectiveness of other materials used within the industry.
Niche Fluoropolymer heat exchangers Manufacturers reduce chemical processing costs in several important ways. They will reduce downtime, lower maintenance cost, recover and save energy, and improve product purity. Niche Fluoropolymer heat exchangers resist corrosion which will eliminate replacement cost, downtime, or lost production caused by corrosion. The key features of fluoropolymer heat exchangers are as follows:
1. Resist fouling- The well-known nonstick properties of fluoropolymers resist fouling better than any material of construction yet known. The smooth, slippery surface of a fluoropolymer helps keep tubes clean and minimizes fouling and scaling which can significantly reduce heat transfer rates in metal and graphite heat exchangers.
2. Resist shock- Our products are less subject to damage from thermal or mechanical shock than glass and graphite heat exchangers.
3. Non-Contaminating– Being chemically inert, a fluoropolymer will not produce corrosion products to contaminate process streams. It contains no binders which can leach out to degrade process fluids.
4. Low Maintenance– Inherent corrosion resistance and mechanical and thermal shock minimize downtime for unscheduled maintenance. Units are easily cleaned with chemical solutions which can damage metal and graphite heat exchangers.
5. Easy to repair- Tube bundles in Niche shells and tubes are removable and repairable.
6. High Thermal Efficiency– As with other plastic materials, Fluoropolymers have a lower thermal conductivity than metal. To offset this, tubing diameters and wall thicknesses are optimized, depending on your process, to increase heat transfer efficiency and surface area per unit volume. The outstanding fouling and scaling resistance of Fluoropolymers further enhance the thermal conductivity. Additional heat transfer improvement is obtained with the tubing of Niche’s patented “Q” resin, which has a thermal conductivity about double that of FEP and other conventional fluoropolymers resins.
7. Pressure drop/flow rate accommodation– While small tubing diameters provide the most cost-efficient heat transfer performance, high flow rates can sometimes result in excessive pressure drop through a single unit. To keep pressure drop within user-specified limits at the required flow rates, Niche will evaluate all options, including multiple parallel units, larger tubing diameters, and shell sizes, to select the lowest cost system to match the requirements of each application.
8. Wide temperature and pressure range– Our products can handle corrosive fluids at temperatures up to 300 Deg. F (149 Deg. C) using tubes of FEP. The stronger, tougher “Q” series tubing extends the upper-temperature limits to 400 Deg. F (204 Deg. C). Either tubing type has a pressure capacity of over 125 PSIG (862 kPa), depending upon the fluid temperatures. Chances are your plant can also benefit from the use of standard or custom-designed Heat Exchangers, particularly if your heat transfer needs involve corrosive fluids.
Niche Fluoropolymer are Heat Exchanger Manufacturer in the USA that provides you custom designed heat exchangers to fulfill your industrial needs.